- For 6 people
- Prep time 45 minutes
- 7 clove of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of sofrito
- 6 tablespoons of oil
- 900 g fresh fish assortment, whole, cleaned and gutted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of sofrto
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 litres of water
- 60 g of bread
- 2 teaspoons picada
- 2 drops of pastis
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the garlic for a few minutes.
- Stir in the sofrito and continue cooking for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Leave small fish whole. Larger fish should be cut into pieces with strong kitchen scissors or a sharp knife.
- Put the fish in the stewpot.
- Sprinkle with paprika and sprinkle with water.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile put the other half of the olive oil in another pan.
- Put the slices of bread in the pan of oil and let fry the slices.
- Filter the soup and pour it into a large saucepan.
- Heat the soup.
- Add the fried bread and picada to the soup.
- Homogenize the soup by mixing it.
- Salt the soup.
- Pour the pastis or aniseed liqueur.
- You can now serve your delicacy with small croutons.